Eight Points About The Hampton Game
HAMPTON, Va. -- Eight points to consider as the Bethune-Cookman - Hampton game unfolds Saturday night:
1) BOUNCE BACK: Bethune-Cookman has never lost more than two consecutive games in the Brian Jenkins era. The last three-game Wildcat losing streaks were in 2009 when B-CU started the season 0-4 and in 2007 when that team dropped four straight after starting 2-1. Before that, one must travel back to 1997 for a three-game losing streak.
2) BOUNCE BACK, PART II: Six of the seven Jenkins era losses have occurred in sets; the two at the end of 2010, the Miami-North Carolina A&T combo of 2011 and this present set. In all, B-CU is 2-3 after a loss under Jenkins and 30-14 since 2000.
3) B-CU has won its last five games against its two Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference rivals from the historic state of Virginia dating back to 2009. The Wildcats are 2-0 on the road in Virginia.
4) Isidore Jackson is currently ninth on the all-time rushing attempts list with 335 carries, ninth on the yardage list at 1,715 and tied for eighth with 17 touchdowns.
5) Senior Eddie Poole will look to extend his pass catching streak to 28 games Saturday. He's had four catches in each of the two previous meetings with Hampton. He's currently ninth on the all-time receiving touchdown list with 13.
6) Sven Hurd has a string of 48 consecutive PATs currently active. His last miss was against South Carolina in week two of last season.
7) B-CU's defense has posted an interception in 11 consecutive games dating back to last season's game at Miami.
8) Though he hasn't registered a sack in the past two games, LeBrandon Richardson is still among the top nationally in FCS. He's tied for seventh with an average of one per game.