@BCUgolf Men's Team Headed to Charleston Shootout
UP NEXT: Bethune-Cookman (No. 130 Golfweek/Sagarin) travels to Charleston, S.C., for the 54-hole Charleston Shootout against a packed field with several nationally-ranked teams competing.
WHERE: The Links at Stono Ferry (par 72, 7,000 yards)
WHEN: Monday, March 4 - Tuesday, March 5
TEE TIMES: The first two rounds on Monday and Tuesday will begin at 9 a.m. in a shotgun start. Starting tees and pairings will be announced Monday morning prior to the start.
THE TOURNAMENT FIELD (with three Top-50 Golfweek/Sagarin rankings noted):
No. 130 BETHUNE-COOKMAN, No. 22 Clemson, No. 49 Coastal Carolina, No. 198 College of Charleston (host), No. 196 Connecticut, No. 249 Fairleigh Dickinson, No. 177 High Point, No. 248 Hofstra, No. 29 Liberty, No. 225 Navy, No. 116 Sam Houston State, No. 222 Stetson, No. 169 USC Upstate
LIVE SCORING: Golfstat.com
No. 1 - Ryan Fricker
- No. 12 Men's Collegiate Individual (European Players) perGolfweek/Sagarin Rankings
- Leads B-CU with a 71.2 scoring average
- 2013 Gary Freeman Spring Invitational medalist
No. 2 - Matthew McKnight
- No. 41 Men's Collegiate Individual (European Players) perGolfweek/Sagarin Rankings
- Second on B-CU squad with a 72.9 scoring average
No. 3 - Leon Fricker
- Third on B-CU in scoring with a 74.5 average
No. 4 - JaMichael Jones
- Finished two-under at the SSU Tiger Fall Invitational
- Registered a season-low round of 69 in the opening round of the SSU Tiger Fall Invitational
No. 5 - Emmanuel Petrich
- Tied for 17thplace in Bethune-Cookman's last outing at the Gary Freeman Spring Invitational
Individual - Alex Clapp
- Tied for 12th place in Bethune-Cookman's last outing at the Gary Freeman Spring Invitational
LAST TIME OUT: The Bethune-Cookman Men's Golf Team (309-297-297=903, +39) finished in second place in its spring debut at the Gary Freeman Spring Invitational at Halifax Plantation in Ormond Beach, Fla. Freshman Ryan Fricker picked up his first collegiate individual trophy by firing a one-over, 217 (74-67-76) across three rounds amidst unusually cold conditions in Volusia County.
For news and results on the B-CU men's golf team, log on to BCUathletics.com and follow the team (@BCUgolf) on Twitter. You can join the conversation with the hashtag, #bcugolf. Make sure to "Like Us" on Facebook at Bethune-Cookman Athletics.