Eleven Points About The Tennessee State Game
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Points to ponder as Bethune-Cookman takes on Tennessee State Saturday at 4 p.m. at Municipal Stadium.
1) This is the first time B-CU has played Tennessee State since 1987. The Wildcats won that game 16-13, but the Tigers won the first five meetings of the series dating back to 1982.
2) Eddie Poole will be looking to catch a pass in his 27nd consecutive game.
3) Sven Hurd has made a field goal in each of his last five games dating back to last season.
4) Hurd's next point will be his 126th and will move him pass Stacey O'Neal for sixth on B-CU's all-time kick scoring list.
5) Isidore Jackson is now tenth on the all-time rushing yardage list and tied for eighth on the all-time rushing touchdown list. Thirteen carries will put him on the all-time rushing attempt list with 332.
6) B-CU has not lost a home regular season game against a non-conference opponent in the Brian Jenkins era.
7) During the Jenkins era, the Wildcats have scored at least 10 points in 25 of their 26 games. The lone exception was a 22-3 loss at North Carolina A&T last season, the week after the Miami game.
8) B-CU's running game is ranked tenth in the FCS with an average of 254.33 yards per game, paced by Jackson's average of 90 yards per game.
9) B-CU has been outscored 35-7 in the first quarter so far this season.
10) LeBrandon Richardson is tied for fourth in sacks per game in the FCS with 1.33 per game.
-- Dan Ryan